10.18.2010

[ Undergraduate Research as a Curricular Outcome ]

Last week I gave a talk at the 2010 Thomas R. Watson Conference on the campus of the University of Louisville.

I was thrilled to present on a panel that dealt with undergraduate research, with Joyce Kinkead of Utah State University and Doug Downs of Montana State University. We organized our panel as a way to showcase ideas from a recent NCTE-published collection to which we all contributed, Undergraduate Research in English Studies.

A screencast of my talk is embedded below. I focused on positioning students as knowledge workers from within the earliest stages of the vertical curriculum that comprises Ball State's new Minor in Professional Writing and Emerging Media. In the process, I discussed curricular instantiations of undergraduate inquiry, where students perform IRB-approved qualitative research and make meaningful contributions to the field. As always, I welcome questions or comments!


0 comments:

Post a Comment